Wednesday, October 15, 2008

The Blue Team!

Allison and Noah











I couldn't pick one. They are both so great and tell a thousand stories about you two. I especially love the one with Paulie Bleeker from Juno.

Race Team Name: Quiet Riet (yeah, I know that's not how to spell it. But it's the merger of Riley/Millet. You may have heard of us before. The bad-A team picked to win this showdown.)
Age: 24 & 25, respectively
Relationship: Husband and Wife, legally and lawfully
Hobbies/Interest: Allison: Music, Pilates, Underwater Basket Weaving Noah: Insurance, Running, Starting Church Ball Brawls
Strengths: Allison: Her wit Noah: His dashing good looks
High School: Allison: Bonneville High School Noah: Payson High School (go Lions! Take State!)
Embarrassing Moment: Allison: I was miniature golfing with some friends in Virginia Beach one summer and I noticed a little pot of dust at the beginning of each hole. Finally I asked the group, "what is this stuff? Is it like gymnastics chalk?" That elicited a little chuckle from the group that quickly turned into gasps of horror when I plunged by hands into the pot. Yes, I think innately, I knew it wasn't gymnastics chalk. But I didn't take the time to consider it might actually be cigarette ash. Tasty. Noah: Noah works as a marketing specialist for SelectHealth - the insurance arm of Intermountain Healthcare. One day, after he had only been at the company a few weeks, the marketing team said they needed a flier to appeal to a younger, more hip audience. As a joke, Noah put together a flier with a little more street cred than your typical insurance piece. Instead of the formal language outlining each benefit, he used verbiage such as "we're in yo' hood" and "you keep yo' green" with a picture of a very Fresh Prince of Bel-Air-esque "homey." He got back a mildly scathing email about assuming all African-Americans spoke and dressed like that and how inappropriate the ad was. It's all good now - a few months later, when he met about a job with a corresponding department he made a joke about hiring him because he's a guy (the rest of the department and applicants were all women). So now thoughts of him being sexist probably outweigh impressions of him being racist.
Achievements: Noah: 6th Grade Class President, USU Homecoming Royalty, USU Man of the Year Allison: Lost 6th Grade Election by a Hair, USU Homecoming Royalty Runner-up, USU Woman of the Year Nominee
Motto you live by: Any job worth doing is worth doing well.
Race Strategy: Rely on aforementioned strenghts to distract our unsuspecting opponents.
Comments to fellow competitors: We're really excited to meet you. We'll look forward to cheering you all on as you cross the finish line!


Quinn & Lindsay


Race Team Name: Quiet Riet
Age: 28 and 22
Relationship: Married
Hobbies/Interest: Outdoors, gourmet cooking, yoga, UFC, reading
Strengths: smarts, speed, agiligty, pretty much everything!
High School: Mountain View High school and SUmmit High School
Embarrassing Moment: Did you see our picture? Now, that's embarrassing. Commendable, but embarrassing. :)
Achievements: Two years of blissful marraige
Motto you live by: Work Hard...Reah Re-Wards
Race Strategy: Sneaky. Swift. Smart.

2 comments:

Drae said...

Wow. Did you guys meet at the ugly sweater party? It looks like a lot of fun. I'm sorry Noah and Allison didn't come home with the big trophy!! Allison, you're trophy enough.

Quinn and Linds said...

IT takes a lot of hard work to have the guts to wear stirrup spandex in public, I earned my trophy!